Re: XML-Import into Frescobaldi Windows

From: ul
Subject: Re: XML-Import into Frescobaldi Windows
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 11:19:29 +0200

Am 2017-04-28 10:33, schrieb address@hidden:
I know this problem science 2.19.4?

2.19.4 of LilyPond or Frescobaldi?

After someone asks today on the german forum about this problem, I want to
tell the list about that problem.

It is not possible after importing the xml-File into Frescobaldi to work
with the import result. But the import  looks normal.

Opening the result with notepad++ it looks like xml-import-notepad.png.

The workaround is export the import from Frescobaldi to html, opening in a browser. Copy the content of the browser and paste it back into Frescobaldi.

OK, so Frescobaldi can *display* the imported text file correctly but LilyPond refuses to compile it? If the notepad++ screenshot is of help then it definitely looks like an encoding problem. I suspect this is somehow related to the change from Python2 to Python3 and/or from PyQt4 to PyQt5.

Can you determine which was the first Frescobaldi release where this happened? And could you find out the complete version data from that version (from the About menu)?

Urs