Re: Changing the length of voice follower lines

From: DJF
Subject: Re: Changing the length of voice follower lines
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 22:51:02 -0400

>> I’ve got a piano piece with many voice follower lines from one hand to the
>> other. Most often the lines end up being too long and unsightly, extending
>> through beams and stems. I know how to move them with
>> VoiceFollower.extra-offset, but I can’t figure out how to change their
>> length. I messed around with other things, like extents, but I don’t really
>> understand those (I understand them theoretically, but not practically) and,
>> anyway, nothing ever gets changed regardless of the values I use. Can’t help
>> but think there’s probably an obvious answer, but I’m certainly not finding
>> it!
>>
> On Apr 28, 2017, at 6:27 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
>       \once \override VoiceFollower.bound-details.right.padding = 2.4
>       %% Similar for bound-details.left.padding
>       %% Other keys are possible as well
>
> HTH,
>  Harm

Many thanks for this! I had read a section in the Internals reference (I
believe) which made me think that bound-details might hold a possible answer,
but I couldn’t figure out what the correct syntax would need to be for the rest
of the line … then I thought I just might be on the wrong track altogether. Now
it makes sense. I appreciate your help!

--
Dan