Re: opus conflict

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: opus conflict
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 19:55:10 +0200

> Thomas,
>
> Attached is the pdf generated by my code.
>
> Thank you again.
>
> Mark

Your first \header is inside the book as well as the \paper (where you
set print-all-headers = ##t).
This \header contains settings which are read and printed by the
bookTitleMark mixed with the 'opus', which is read and printed by the
scoreTitleMarkup.
Because you've set print-all-headers = ##t all of the
book-header-settings are printed within every scoreTitleMarkup. (Thus
the need to clear unwanted fileds in the score-header.) But opus is
never printed by the bookTitleMarkup but the scoreTitleMarkup and you
clear every instance of opus in every score-header.

As a result 'opus' is never printed.
I think, if you carefully read the doc, you'll see it's a consequence
of whats said there.

So you have two possibilities

(1) go for custom book/scoreTitleMarkup as already demonstrated

(2) don't clear opus for the first score

To make book/scoreTitleMarkup more clear, I colored them in an
additional \paper (delete it)

\version "2.18.2"

\paper {
  bookTitleMarkup = \markup \with-color #red \bookTitleMarkup
  scoreTitleMarkup = \markup \with-color #green \scoreTitleMarkup
}

\book {
  \paper {
    print-all-headers = ##t