Re: compile time linux/windows

From: mskala
Subject: Re: compile time linux/windows
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 07:37:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 4 May 2017, Orm Finnendahl wrote:
> Does somene have similar experiences and could someone with a Windows
> computer maybe compile the score and report back to the list so that
> we can narrow down the culprit?
>
> Is it the lilypond version or could it be a wrong setup?

Seems to me that it's absolutely necessary to test the two machines with
as many variables the same as possible - for instance, the same version of
Lilypond.  When you've got different versions, different CPUs, different
amounts of RAM, different operating systems, and are running Lilypond
through different interfaces, there's no way to know which variable is
the one that matters, or whether the effect comes from something more
complicated than just one variable.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.