Volunteer for a small web app hack?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Volunteer for a small web app hack?
Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 21:48:16 +0200

Hi all,

would there be anyone interested and ready helping me putting together a
small web app on short notice? It doesn't have to *look* good (although
it wouldn't hurt ;-) ) but enable me to have something running in a
browser on localhost for a presentation.

What I'd basically need is an form for selecting some configuration
parameters (where the options are  choices partially from presets and
partially from data collected locally (i.e. on the "server").

>From the results of this form some LilyPond configuration is created
(either by generating a command line, by generating a Scheme expression
to pass on the command line or by writing a configuration file),
invoking LilyPond, keeping the user informed about the progress and
serving the resulting score (either simply the PDF or (if it's simple to
implement) as a series of SVG files that can be displayed directly in
the browser).

I *think* this should be quite easy to do - if you're fluent with the
web app stuff and don't have to look up every second command or
technique. Of course I'd be able to help with parts of it (especially
the "application logic", more so if the server runs on Python rather
than Node), but don't see me writing the web app right now.

The issue is that the presentation is already on May 18. Having such an
app available isn't mandatory for my talk but it would be cool. I think
such a tool could go a long way and eventually evolve into a nice web
edition portal, but for now I'd only need a proof-of-concept stub.

I know for the moment I can't offer anything specific in return but I
hope it could be an interesting thing for people to try out. So if you
think you could afford the time please get in touch with me, privately
or on the list.

Best
Urs

https://openlilylib.org