Re: Center-align a score

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Center-align a score
Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 18:40:28 -0500

Kieren,

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> David,
>
>>> A little trial-and-error is required if doing it manually, but there might
>>> be a way to automate the process.
>> Here you go:
>
> You da man! This is *exactly* what I was envisioning. Nicely done.
>
> Now…   ;)
>
> Perhaps there’s a way your new-found [?] knowledge/skill in this area can
> help with a long-time feature request I’ve had: an \offset-like way to nudge
> systems — especially the explicit Y-offset property, but also the
> alignment-distances if possible. Avoiding trial-and-error there would be a
> huge savings.

When 2.19.61 comes out, you'll be able to write

\overrideProperty
Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details #'((extra-offset

to "nudge" a system one staff-space down the page, for example.

That should be a bit easier to work with than 'Y-offset.

DN