Re: simulating handwritten font

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: simulating handwritten font
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 14:30:39 +0200

Am 08.05.2017 um 14:19 schrieb Stjepan Horvat:
hi guys..
what i would want to try doing is simulating handwritten font by adding 4 or more shapes of same object.

Do you want to prepare an actual font to use instead of Emmentaler, for notation (i.e. not text)?

what would you suggest to accomplish this?

my raw idea is to add diferent signs in normal, italic, bold, bold-italic combination and then on each new object iterate though there combination.
This has a limitation of only 4 combinations.

Another idea is to add a list of fonts and there go through them.

If you want to create a custom font you could probably override the stencil of the different grobs and replace them with a markup (I think that's what is described in these posts, isn't it?). Then you can place an arbitrary number of additional glyphs in that font and write a function that, say, for a whole note notehead picks a random glyph out of the one at the regular postion and the range of custom glyphs.

Do you have any idea how to implement this in sheme?
A snippet would be very helpfull.

Sorry, I can't (and don't have the time to look into it). But if you clarify your intention I think it should not be too difficult and there should be people around who can help you.

Urs

Thanks.

Nesmotren govori kao da mačem probada, a jezik je mudrih iscjeljenje. Izreke 12:18