Re: simulating handwritten font

From: Stjepan Horvat
Subject: Re: simulating handwritten font
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 15:11:00 +0200

Nesmotren govori kao da mačem probada, a jezik je mudrih iscjeljenje. Izreke 12:18

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 08.05.2017 um 14:19 schrieb Stjepan Horvat:
hi guys..
what i would want to try doing is simulating handwritten font by adding 4 or more shapes of same object.

Do you want to prepare an actual font to use instead of Emmentaler, for notation (i.e. not text)?

Yes! I have already started working on it and have figure it out how to change the existing font.​

what would you suggest to accomplish this?

my raw idea is to add diferent signs in normal, italic, bold, bold-italic combination and then on each new object iterate though there combination.
This has a limitation of only 4 combinations.

Another idea is to add a list of fonts and there go through them.

If you want to create a custom font you could probably override the stencil of the different grobs and replace them with a markup (I think that's what is described in these posts, isn't it?). Then you can place an arbitrary number of additional glyphs in that font and write a function that, say, for a whole note notehead picks a random glyph out of the one at the regular postion and the range of custom glyphs.

​What do you mean a range of custom glyphs. Where would that be? In a font file?​

Do you have any idea how to implement this in sheme?
A snippet would be very helpfull.

Sorry, I can't (and don't have the time to look into it). But if you clarify your intention I think it should not be too difficult and there should be people around who can help you.

Urs

​Thanks for your fast response.​

Thanks.

Nesmotren govori kao da mačem probada, a jezik je mudrih iscjeljenje. Izreke 12:18

https://openlilylib.org
http://lilypondblog.org