page-turn-page-breaking.cc (core dumped)

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: page-turn-page-breaking.cc (core dumped)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 10:13:47 -0400

Hi there,

I'm just reporting as I am not sure this problem will persist.

This is the LilyPond (2.19.59) output I get :

programming error: Improbable offset for stencil: -inf staff space
Setting to zero.
continuing, cross fingers
Calculating page and line breaks (3 possible page breaks)...lilypond:
page-turn-page-breaking.cc:211: void
Page_turn_page_breaking::calc_subproblem(vsize): Assertion `!isinf
(best.demerits_) && start < end - 1' failed.
./publish.sh: line 9: 28199 Aborted                 (core dumped)

That doesn't say much I know but since its an orchestral project, I
would only provide a MWE by mid june.

I have found that if I remove :
\page-breaking = #ly:page-turn-breaking
It solves the problem but obviously removes the turn-breaking functionality.

Would the next test for me be trying against different versions?

This specific project relies on 2 git submodules (my global settings
and the orchestra settings) that happen to be exactly the same on
other projects and the music in the song project itself is quite
vanilla and seems to be related on that exact result rather than
something specific in the music. I suspect by the time I finish this
arrangement the bug will disappear.

I'll try fooling around with it and signal anything suspicious.

Thanks
--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier