Re: ClefModifier tweaks conditional on clef

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: ClefModifier tweaks conditional on clef
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 08:17:13 -0700 (MST)

Kieren,

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 8:02 AM, Kieren MacMillan [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

In Gould (p. 506), it suggests that the clef modifier for the bass clef should dangle from the tip of the bass clef. Lilypond does the following by default:

I would like to move this to the tip, but without affecting the modifier for the treble clef (which is in the perfect position right now).

I know I could define a macro (e.g. “bassb”) which outputs a clef with the modifier tweaked… but I’d rather put it in a context modification, inside the stylesheet (where my clefs, fonts, etc. are set). Is there a nice global way to apply X-offset/Y-offset/extra-offset(/??) tweaks conditionally based on which clef is being used?

The ClefModifier grob has a property called "clef-alignments" that handles this, providing individual positioning for G, F, and C clefs (you'll likely need to play around with the numbers a bit):

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/clefmodifier

HTH,
Abraham