Re: Problems with musicxml2ly

From: Don Gingrich
Subject: Re: Problems with musicxml2ly
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 18:08:29 +1000

On Wed, 10 May 2017 08:45:40 Richard Shann wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 13:43 +1000, Don Gingrich wrote:
> > Perhaps cubase does something unusual with the setup
> > of the XML file?
>
> Unfortunately MusicXML is IMHO just a rag-bag of ideas for fields to
> describe poorly documented music features, every program devises its own
> interpretation of the "standard".

I thought(hoped) that we had got past the
days of "Standards aren't" :-)

Unfortunately it seems not much has changed since my early
experience in the 80s. <sigh!>

I only posted this because I thought that it might be useful to
those working on musicxml2ly.

And, by the way, the chordnames above the staves vanished
somewhere in your import.

I've now got two versions that I can try to work with.

So, thanks for having a go.

Cheers,

-Don