Re: Apply a music-function script to all elements of a list

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Apply a music-function script to all elements of a list
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 23:13:39 +1000

Hi Ewen,

For learning Scheme, this is quite good:

Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days:

https://ds26gte.github.io/tyscheme/index-Z-H-4.html#node_sec_2.1.4

A surprisingly good resource.

If you want to get serious, then SICP is essential, the text from the legendary MIT course.

Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, by Abelson and Sussman.

Freely available online:

https://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/

Just having the hardback of this book next to me on my bookshelf makes me feel good.

There's a 20 video course on Scheme by Abelson on the net somewhere I seem to recall.

And I think the MIT 6.001 course lectures from 198 or so are now released on youtube under a Creative Commons licence.

Andrew