Re: XML to .ly and Lilypond, again

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: Re: XML to .ly and Lilypond, again
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 15:22:36 +0200

Hi David,

Ref.: "What's the role of TeXShop? What process did it carry out? "

TeXShop, by means of its LilyPond Engine, processed the file containing the
code copied from Frescobaldi. I processed the file with two LilyPond versions,
2.18.2 and 2.19.58.1, and as far I could see the results were identical.
I always use TeXShop to edit LilyPond-files because it allows me to use some
tricks and shortcuts that Frescobaldi does not like, or does not allow. As
TeXShop always saves files with the extension .tex I rename the copies
(_ly.tex). So the pdf in the package I uploaded was made with TeXShop.
Incidentally, It is not really necessary to make a copy of the code generated
by Frescobaldi from the xml-file. I can open and process the .ly -file with
TeXShop just as well. But for most of the scores I make I have to do quite a
lot of editing for which I always use TeXShop.

Ref.: "The 2.19 files might be of more interest as 2.18.2 doesn't have the
problem."

There is no separate and/or different 2.19 file. The .ly -file generated from
the downloaded -xml-file produced the same result with  2.18.2 and 2.19.58.1.

Best regards,

Robert