Re: XML to .ly and Lilypond, again

From: Leszek Wroński
Subject: Re: XML to .ly and Lilypond, again
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 09:47:58 +0200

Hi Robert,

thanks! I tried your file and I get similar messages:

-----------------
musicxml2ly: Reading MusicXML from Kyrie_copy.xml ...
musicxml2ly: Converting to LilyPond expressions...
(....)
musicxml2ly: Output to `Kyrie_copy.ly'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/leszek/lilypond/usr/bin/musicxml2ly", line 3269, in ?
    main()
  File "/home/leszek/lilypond/usr/bin/musicxml2ly", line 3263, in main
    voices = convert(filename, options)
  File "/home/leszek/lilypond/usr/bin/musicxml2ly", line 3175, in convert
    score_information.print_ly(printer)
  File "/home/leszek/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/python/musicexp.py",
line 855, in print_ly
    self.format_header_strings(k, v, printer)
  File "/home/leszek/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/python/musicexp.py",
line 848, in format_header_strings
    printer.newline()
  File "/home/leszek/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/python/musicexp.py",
line 123, in newline
    self._file.write (self._line + '\n')
  File "/home/leszek/lilypond/usr/lib/python2.4/codecs.py", line 501, in write
    return self.writer.write(data)
  File "/home/leszek/lilypond/usr/lib/python2.4/codecs.py", line 178, in write
    data, consumed = self.encode(object, self.errors)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xa9 in position
19: unexpected code byte

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit Python 2.7.12, and Lilypond 2.19.48.

So is it the case that musicxml2ly is trying to apply the ''utf8'
codec' to the whole file while parts of it are conded in utf16?

Cheers,

Leszek.