Custom glyphs combining existing glyphs with superscript number

From: esolak
Subject: Custom glyphs combining existing glyphs with superscript number
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 06:05:42 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I am trying to modify the makam.ly file to be able to typeset Turkish Folk
Music (TFM)  scores.

Besides the usual accidentals, TFM music uses additional accidental symbols
with flat/sharp superscripted with with 2 or 3.

I know it's possible to generate those using markup and modify the key
stencil. But I want to redefine pitch names and glyphs as was done in
makam.ly for Turkish Classical Music.

I modifed the part of makam.ly to

tfmGlyphs = #`((1 . "accidentals.doublesharp")
       (1/2 . "accidentals.sharp.")
       (3/9 . "accidentals.sharp")
       (2/9 . "accidentals.sharp")
       (0 . "accidentals.natural")
       (-2/9 . "accidentals.flat")
       (-3/9 . "accidentals.flat")
       (-1/2 . "accidentals.flat")
       (-1 . "accidentals.flatflat"))

Now I am wondering if it's possible to define new glyphs using existing ones
without having to draw them from scratch.  Then I would be able to combine
accidentals.sharp with number 2 as superscript etc and maybe use them as

tfmGlyphs = #`((1 . "accidentals.doublesharp")
       (1/2 . "accidentals.sharp.")
       (3/9 . "tfmGlySharp3")
       (2/9 . "tfmGlySharp2")
       (0 . "accidentals.natural")