Re: multi language score

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: multi language score
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 19:58:45 +0200

Le 18/05/2017 à 10:20, Gianmaria Lari a écrit :
I want to write a score with some didactical annotation in different
language (french and italian).

In case I decide to generate two separate score, one in italian and one in
french, what's the best way to manage the source?

What I did when engraving King Arthur might be of some help once adapted:

Have two files annotation-it.ily and annotation-fr.ily where you define, as variables, the text of all the annotations you'll need (instrument or character names, footnotes, header variables, etc.).
You will then use those variables instead of their value.

You'll have to generate your books separately, as the "language" include has to be outside the \book block.

See enclosed files for a full example.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles