Re: Lilypond newbie can't compile

From: Manuela Gößnitzer
Subject: Re: Lilypond newbie can't compile
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 11:45:31 +0200

Ok I have made this experience, e.g. the grace-problem. Sometimes it seemed to me that I stumbled over every known Lilypond-bug ;-) and blamed it on me.

As a newbie you think it is your fault, that does not depend on the Lilypond-Version. On the other hand you learn much about using Lilypond.

Anyway, I think William's problem is solved now, :-)

greetings
Manuela

On Sat, 2017-05-20 at 10:05 +0200, Manuela Gößnitzer wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>

> well, I think the Lilypond-Homepage should be updated so  that the
> latest "developer"-version is strongly recommanded. Compiling a
> sourcefile is a batchjob, so where is the harm done when it crashes?

The harm is that users assume the problem is with their code and spend a
lot of time trying to find what they have done wrong.

Richard