Re: Percent repeats and parallel voices

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Percent repeats and parallel voices
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 10:39:45 +0200

> Hello folks,
>
> How exactly does \repeat percent interact with voices?
>
> It seems that the percent displayed is a staff feature, so I tried to have
> more that one voice.
>
> But in the example below, the color is not applied to the percent.

Because the coloring overrides are applied only to the initial Voice,
not to the new ones you created later.
To see the coloring work put them in \layout.

> Thanks for your help!
>
> JM
>

> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \version "2.19.55"
>
> \new Staff {
>
>   \override PercentRepeat.color = #red
>   \override DoublePercentRepeat.color = #yellow
>   \override RepeatSlash.color = #cyan
>   \override DoubleRepeatSlash.color = #green
>
>   <>^"PercentRepeat, red"
>   \repeat percent 2 {
>     <c' e'>1
>   }
>
>   \break
>
>   <<
>     \new Voice {
>       \voiceOne
>       <>^"PercentRepeat, red"
>       \repeat percent 2 {

%% The PercentRepeat are printed now one on top of the other, to
verify compile with the extra-offset-overrides
          \override PercentRepeat.extra-offset = #'(-1 . 0)
>         <c' e'>1
>       }
>     }
>
>     \new Voice {
>       \voiceTwo
>       <>^"PercentRepeat, red"
>       \repeat percent 2 {
>         <d' f'>1
          \override PercentRepeat.extra-offset = #'(1 . 0)
>       }
>     }
>   >>

> }