Fwd: [Frescobaldi] GSoC Project "Add Support for Git Workflows to Fresco

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Fwd: [Frescobaldi] GSoC Project "Add Support for Git Workflows to Frescobaldi" introduction
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 17:36:34 +0200

Hi LilyPond users,

below is a message by Wen Xin, a student who will work on adding Git support to Frescobaldi over the summer as his GSoC project.

Please have a look at the introduction and also the Wiki page that is linked, we would like to have more discussion before going into actual implementation.

Best
Urs

#############

Hi developers,

my name is Wen Xin. I’m pursuing my master degree of computer science in Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications. I’ve posted two posts before. And I guess you all know that I will be mentored by Urs in this summer while working on the project Add Support for Git Workflows to Frescobaldi.

In my case, this project is to write a Git plugin for Frescobaldi. It will have similar functionalities like other editors’ Git plugins:

-      Git diff in gutter

display Git diff in gutter

-      Stage and discard changes in editor

-      Commit in editor

-

A Git initialized file will have three states: modified, staged, committed. Around the file’s three states, I design a Git work-flow. All the operations included will be implemented into Frescobaldi. For more details, you can check this wiki.

This design is mainly discussed by me and Urs. We want to hear more voices from the community to help make this design become better and more practical. Please comment below if you have related ideas, thank you!

Best,

Wen Xin

--
Frescobaldi homepage: http://www.frescobaldi.org/