Re: Chords in LilyPond

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Chords in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 00:54:48 +0200

Am 25.05.2017 um 00:17 schrieb Charles Winston:
added bass note
inversions

I’m under the impression that in chord notation those are actually the same – I don’t think that there is a conceptual difference between C/E and C/D in chord notation. But it may be that instead of this pragmatic way to understand chord notation some have a more theoretical/analytical use of them? I think unless you intend to make the code usable for other kinds of analysis (like functional analysis, or analysis with scale degrees – which don’t yet have a dedicated input mode in LilyPond) there is no need for a distinction between those two.

Best, Simon