Re: Chords in LilyPond

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Chords in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 01:02:46 +0200

Am 25.05.2017 um 00:17 schrieb Charles Winston:
How do we deal with semantics that may overlap between these categories? For
example: is a sharp-5 an alteration or just an augmented chord?

Off the top of my head: Both should be possible input methods, but internally represented the same. How about having (amongst others) the following distinct properties (just a sketch):

alteration of 3 (major, minor, none)
alteration of 5 (diminished, pure, augmented, none)
extension (default 5, or 7, 9, 11, …)
alterations (list of optional values, like 7+, 9-)

Best, Simon