Re: Fwd: [Frescobaldi] GSoC Project "Add Support for Git Workflows to Fr

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Frescobaldi] GSoC Project "Add Support for Git Workflows to Frescobaldi" introduction (Urs Liska)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 14:37:07 +0200

Am 25.05.2017 um 14:04 schrieb Leszek Wroński:

Guys,

apologies if I've missed something obvious, but what is the intended place for discussing the very welcome 'Add Git support to Frescobaldi' project? Here? The Frescobaldi forum? The wiki (but where?)?

Well, the "natural" place for the discussion is the Frescobaldi mailing list. But as I assume not all LilyPond/Frescobaldi users actually are subscribed to that (and also LilyPond/not-Frescobaldi users may have interesting views on the subject) I decided to forward it to lilypond-user as well.

So while I hope it will not confuse people I suggest discussing the project on either of the mailings lists.
The Wiki will probably be updated by Xin himself (or maybe also me).

(I just have a minor requst: it would be convenient if we could create and change branches, I don't see that on the function list.)

Well, there are lots of things one could add to the list and wish, but we have decided to limit the project plan to this "core Git workflow". If that should be finished "too early" we will discuss what to implement in addition. And if the GSoC project will "only" implement the current plan there still will be a robust foundation to add more functionality later.

When it comes to the diff presentation, I'm partial to the 'Emacs + magit' combination (https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Magit )

We should keep that in mind. But for now we're only interested in unstaged and staged changes.

Urs

Good luck with the project!

Cheers,

Leszek.