Re: Export to ?????

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Export to ?????
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 07:51:44 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 5:52 AM, Jan-Peter Voigt [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
just to summarize what I was talking about recently at the Music Encoding Conference in Tours. Yes, I am working on an API to provide a generalized plug for modules that are able to write MusicXML, MEI, Humdrum and others. I am not familiar with ABC, but maybe one can work on it *when* I can present some tidy code.
In fact for my presentation I created to modules to write Humdrum and MusicXML. But those are not complete right now - no ties, now slurs and a lot more missing. But it writes the notes correctly and I can open the generated MusicXML with MuseScore. I will present it to the community after tidying up the code.
My vision is to have an API that also allows Import modules. That way LilyPond can be a chain-link in a multiformat toolchain. Others can make use of its great typesetting and LilyPond-users (like me) can make use of the great tools outside Lilys world.

This is very exciting news! Progress is progress and I know many people who will welcome even a fraction of conversion functionality. Can't wait to see what you've been working on!

Best,
AbrahamĀ