Re: ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: ly Source for examples on the LP Homepage
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 09:01:50 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:53 AM

Il giorno lun 29 mag 2017 alle 18:44, Phil Holmes <address@hidden>
ha scritto:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden>
To: "Kieren MacMillan" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2017 5:05 PM

Il giorno lun 29 mag 2017 alle 15:46, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hi all,

Il giorno lun 29 mag 2017 alle 13:41, Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> ha scritto:
In addition to Manuela's question: What's happening with the stems below the lower staff of the Granados example on that page? If we want to show what LilyPond scores can look like this is not what we want want people to see.

Known problem with dpreview.. see issues 2968, 2849, 2330 and 625 on the tracker.

So why use it? Surely there are other ways to generate this image that don’t suffer this way? (It’s never happened to me on Mac OS X, but maybe I’m generating images differently?)

It really is unacceptable, especially given how much we explicitly praise Lilypond’s output.

A first "workaround" could be linking to the PDF instead of the PNG.
The image on the HTML page would still be cut, but if you click on it you could see the PDF in its full format. It should be as easy as changing the format of the <a href> link in macros.itexi

If you think it's a good temporary workaround (until the main bug is fixed), I can prepare a patch.

See https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5140/

I didn't see any email on lilypond-devel.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2017-05/threads.html

Rietveld isn't working correctly?

I'm not working correctly.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2017-05/msg00102.html