Re: beaming with cadenzaOn

From: Brian Barker
Subject: Re: beaming with cadenzaOn
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 18:29:51 +0100

At 10:16 31/05/2017 -0700, Sam Frybyte wrote:
If there is a time signature the beaming of 8th notes with acciaccaturas between them is created as I expect.
in version. 2.18.2
with \cadenzaOn
\stemUp\acciaccatura c'8 \stemNeutral a8
    \stemUp\acciaccatura b8 \stemNeutral ges8
    \times 2/3 {f16 [des des]} des4

I have not been able to figure out or find a way for the 8ths to be beamed.

Just as you would beam any other notes: follow the a8 with a left bracket "a8[" and the ges8 with a right bracket "ges8]".

If you wrote your triplet as { f16[ des des] } you might see more readily how the notation works: the brackets do not enclose anything but separately follow the notes to which they apply.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker