Re: Duration dot error with shifted notes

From: Devon LePage
Subject: Re: Duration dot error with shifted notes
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2017 08:10:48 +0000

Thank you, Andrew. This did indeed work.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 8:08 PM Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Devon,

A way to do it is to use Dots.extra-offset.

You can do some good things by putting the dot column engraver in the Voice context rather than the Staff context, but I could not get that to help here in my quick attempt. Others may know more.

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Staff
      \remove "Dot_column_engraver"
    }
    \context {
      \Voice
      \consists "Dot_column_engraver"

Andrew

== snip

\version "2.19.61"

\paper {
  ragged-last = ##f
  indent = 0
}

voiceFirst = {
  <es as>2. |

  % m. 36
  % -----
  \clef "treble"
  \voiceOne
  <ges' bes' des''>2.~\arpeggio |
  \once \override Dots #'extra-offset = #'(-4 . 0)
  <ges' bes' des''>2. |
  <ges' bes' des''>2.~ |
  <ges' bes' des''>4 r4 r4 |
  \bar "|."
}

voiceSecond = {
  s2. |

  % m. 36
  % -----
  \voiceTwo
  \clef "treble"
  <ges des'>2.~\arpeggio |
  \once \override Dots #'extra-offset = #'(-4 . 0)
  <ges des'>2. |
  <ges des'>2.~ |
  <ges des'>4 s2 |
  \bar "|."
}

voiceThird = {
  s2. |

  % m. 36
  % -----
  \voiceFour
  \stemUp
  \clef "treble"
  s2. |
  \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #3
  %\once \override Arpeggio.padding = #0.25
  <des'' des'>4\arpeggio-- r4 r4 |
  s2. |
  s2. |
  \bar "|."
}

\score {

  \new Staff \with { \consists "Span_arpeggio_engraver" }
  <<
    \set Staff.connectArpeggios = ##t
    \clef "bass"
    \time 3/4