Re: pushing items "through" or "beyond" other contexts

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: pushing items "through" or "beyond" other contexts
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 15:13:05 -0400

Hi Joram,

> \new Dynamics = "above" and a \new Dynamics = "below"
> and then you have one context with dynamics content
> which you can move between the two? I haven't tried it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think I threw people off with my concrete example…
I'm really trying to figure out if I can push grobs around *without* having to
have multiple pre-defined contexts into which to push them.

For example [!!], say I have a four-stave score

   <<
      \new Staff \one
      \new Staff \two
      \new Staff \three
      \new Staff \four

Now I want to add a *single* Lyrics context, but potentially align arbitrary
bits of lyrics above or below *any one* of the four Staff contexts.

It may seem from these examples that I'm trying to do very limited, specific
things which might (in and of themselves) be done easily enough by just adding
an extra context here or there (cf. your suggestion). But what I'm ultimately
trying to do is fully free content from the presentation, so I'm going to
continue to poke around at the possibilities.

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info