Re: partcombine and quote don't play well together

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: partcombine and quote don't play well together
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 20:19:24 +0000

On 6/6/2017 11:30 AM, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> 2. Am I the only one who wants a killer part-combining framework? Is nobody
> else using it as much as I am (even in its highly-limited current state)?
>
> 3. Are there any programmers out there willing to work with me towards a
> really great partcombiner?

I use the part combiner in every project I do. Improvements to it in the
2.19 versions have been remarkable. I still have occasional struggles
with it, though. Like this SSATTBB choral piece
https://youtu.be/N5PWE_uHkR4 ending with different durations and lyrics
in each voice.

As far as helping with such a project, my experience with LilyPond
amounts to only a year or so. The various Davids around here have
probably forgotten more about it than I will ever learn. I can code a
little, but I'm a spreadsheets-and-databases sort of person. Code
related to drawing and graphics I'd probably struggle to fathom. Plus,
my native coding language is Microsoft Office Visual Basic for
Applications, and some C++. I know nothing at all about Scheme-family
languages, other than that someday they will deplete the world's supply
of parentheses. :) Perhaps a position like "documentation janitor" is
something I could aspire to.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA