Re: setting baseline-skip "from this point on"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: setting baseline-skip "from this point on"
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 19:02:59 +0200

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
>>> Is there an equivalent command for baseline-skip?
>>> I know about \override #'(baseline-skip . 13), but I believe that's
>>> only for overriding the "current" markup?
>>
>> {
>>  c1-\markup \column { a b c }
>>  \override TextScript.baseline-skip = #20
>>  c-\markup \column { a b c }
>> }
>
> Hmmm… Then there's another reason (that I clearly don't understand)
> why the first mod attempt in this snippet doesn't work but the second
> one does:
>
> %%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
> \version "2.19.61"
>
> huge = {
>   \set fontSize = #5
>   \override TextScript.baseline-skip = #100
> }
>
> loremIpsum = \markup \wordwrap {
>   Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit,
>   sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
> }
>
> \markup \loremIpsum
> \markup \vspace #2
> \markup \huge \loremIpsum
> \markup \vspace #2
> \markup \fontsize #2 \override #'(baseline-skip . 20) \loremIpsum
> %%%  SNIPPET ENDS

I have no idea what you mean when you say "from this point on", give an
example with \set (which is a music expression) but then hobble together
something from markups and music expressions outside of any score.

At any rate, \huge is already defined as a proper markup command so your
music expression is not getting called inside of markups.

--
David Kastrup