Re: setting baseline-skip "from this point on"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: setting baseline-skip "from this point on"
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 19:30:11 +0200

> Hi David,
>
> The docs (1.8.2 Formatting text) say
>
>>> Known issues and warnings
>>> Using the font sizing commands \teeny, \tiny, \small, \normalsize,
>>> \large, and \huge will lead to inconsistent line spacing compared
>>> to using \fontsize.
>

> I'm trying to get my head around the various situations and issues
> involved, and what it would take to eliminate the inconsistency.
>
>> \huge is already defined as a proper markup command so your
>> music expression is not getting called inside of markups.
>
> Ah. In property-init.ly, it says
>
>     huge = \set fontSize = #2
>
> I was trying to improve that definition to solve the "inconsistent
> line spacing" problem (noted above). I pulled the definition out into
> the snippet to work with it there, but I guess that doesn't work as I
> would expect it to…

This isn't the \huge you are using in markups.

You are probably looking for the definition in
scm/define-markup-commands.scm as

(define-markup-command (huge layout props arg)
  (markup?)
  #:category font
  "Set font size to +2.

@lilypond[verbatim,quote]
\\markup {
  default
  \\hspace #2
  \\huge
  huge
}
@end lilypond"
  (interpret-markup layout (prepend-alist-chain 'font-size 2 props) arg))

--
David Kastrup