Re: lyrics hyphens question

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: lyrics hyphens question
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 16:21:59 -0400

Hi David (et al.),

These are questions regarding the "lyric-word-reconstituter" in the thread
which includes the post
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-03/msg00489.html>.

I'd love to use it (or something like it) in my engravings going forward.

1. It doesn't seem to work with 2.19.61 (at least), and convert-ly doesn't seem
to help. The error is

    warning: type check for `LyricWord' failed; value `#<Grob_properties>' must
be of type `list'

My instinct (and a quick search on -user) led me to believe that changing

    (set-object-property! grob-name 'translation-type? list?)

    (set-object-property! grob-name 'translation-type? ly:grob-properties?)

might fix the problem. The file/example now compiles without error. Did I fix
it correctly?

2. This is a workaround/hack/fix from 2014. At the time, there was some
question as to whether Janek might roll this (or similar) into the GSoC Lyric
project… but that is, I believe, dead in the water. Is there any hope of
getting this into the codebase? I'm happy to take this "stub" (much more than a
stub, of course!) and shepherd it through the dev process to the goal line —
but I don't want to start down a track that will ultimately lead to frustration
or nowhere at all.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer