point-and-click to the finger not the moon

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: point-and-click to the finger not the moon
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 09:27:56 -0400

Hello there,

I guess my question would be, where does the "point-and-click"
embedded reference (li . col) points to? and how could I make point it
shallower (i.e. make it point to "the finger" and not the moon)

Since am I using lots of \quoteDuring and \cueDuring, I often get in
the situation where it gets quite hard to know where I am in the code
especially in large pieces.

I tried making a very simple command to show me "where am I" in the
code by producing some clickable arbitrary markup. The usage would be
to sprinkle this command in some blind notation (e.g. {s1*8\wtfami
s1*8\wtfami} etc) and later click on these instancies to get to where
the command was called in the code. Producing the grob is working fine
as expected; but when I click on the said grob, it obviously jumps to
the command itself rather than to where it was called.

Thinking out loud : I know some command (e.g. the slur of the
\acciaccatura command) points to internal LilyPond code. I suppose it
is an error as most command I enter points to my own code. So I
suspect there is a way of adjusting how deep the point-and-click
function points to.

Is there a way to "promote" (I have no idea of what I'm talking about)
my \wtfami markup to include its position *where it was called* in the
generated grob?

'hope this makes sense to you all…

MWE :
http://lilybin.com/kbeps8/1