Re: point-and-click to the finger not the moon

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: point-and-click to the finger not the moon
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 09:52:15 -0400

Hi Pierre-Luc,

> where does the "point-and-click"
> embedded reference (li . col) points to? and how could I make point it
> shallower (i.e. make it point to "the finger" and not the moon)

This is something I'm struggling with, as well.

On a related note: Do you use Frescobaldi? I imagine the implementation of a
really good solution to this problem would be easier there than "in the wild"…
Maybe something like: right-click on a grob to get a list of possible targets
in the code (e.g., "Staff, Voice, quoted source, Lilypond definition of
'acciaccatura'"), select item and be taken to that 'level'.

Sorry I don't have an actual answer for you… but I'm interested in hearing
where this thread goes.

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer