Re: point-and-click to the finger not the moon

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: Re: point-and-click to the finger not the moon
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 11:17:33 -0400

Thanks for the reply Kieren,

> On a related note: Do you use Frescobaldi?

Mainly yes.
Although I am using emacs more and more on a daily basis and I expect
to migrate my LilyPond workflow into it the following years.

> I imagine the implementation of a really good solution to this problem would
> be easier there than "in the wild"…

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

> Maybe something like: right-click on a grob to get a list of possible targets
> in the code (e.g., "Staff, Voice, quoted source, Lilypond definition of
> 'acciaccatura'"), select item and be taken to that 'level'.

IFAIK, no such information are contained in the PDF itself which would
mean Frescobaldi (or any other editor) would have to infer it from the
code (quite the impossible), is that what you mean?

--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier