Re: How to make vertical arrow between staves

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: How to make vertical arrow between staves
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 13:33:46 -0400

Hi Rutger,

> I cannot make it draw *vertical* lines/arrows, is there anything I overlook?

If the staves are guaranteed to be adjacent, maybe you can hack Arpeggio?
Here's a start:

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19.62"

arpfix = {
  \once \override GrandStaff.Arpeggio.stencil = #ly:arpeggio::brew-chord-bracket
  \once \override GrandStaff.Arpeggio.X-offset = #0.5
  \once \override GrandStaff.Arpeggio.protrusion = #0
}

upper = { \arpfix c''1\arpeggio }
lower = { f'1\arpeggio }

\score {
  \new GrandStaff <<
    \new Staff = "upper_staff" \upper
    \new Staff = "lower_staff" \lower

  \layout {
    \context {
      \GrandStaff
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing.padding = #12
      connectArpeggios = ##t
%%%  SNIPPET ENDS

Ultimately, it would be great to have a way to connect any two grobs/positions
on a system/page (or even across pages!?), by simply giving ids. I don't know
what has been thought about and/or worked on in that direction (e.g., we now
have nested spanners on the same staff via ids, so maybe there's something in
the works for cross-staff uses).

Hope this helps,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer