making a tie between voices

From: Ryan Michael
Subject: making a tie between voices
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 23:45:36 -0700

I have my right hand of my piano music and i want to tie the <c'' e''> in the first voice to the next use of it in time

%%%%%%%%

<<
\stemDown c''8~

\new Voice {
\stemUp c''16 e''16~
}

<<
\new Voice {

\stemUp

}
%%%%%%%%

It is currently not tying the c'''8 in the first voice to <c'' e''>4. similarly it is not making the tie between e''16 and the e'' in <c'' e''>4. Isn't there a hack to make it work for cross voice ties? I am sure it has been solved but i am not aware of the solution. thank you!

Ryan.

--
ॐ नमः शिवाय