Re: Circular dependencies - Deadlock

From: mskala
Subject: Re: Circular dependencies - Deadlock
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 16:22:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017, Johan Vromans wrote:
> Instead of aborting, LP could issue a warning that it detected a circular
> include. If it then hangs, you have a clue what is going on. If you have a
> non-infinite recursive include it will continue.

If it's only a warning (we need not get back into the "fatal warnings and
non-fatal errors" discussion) then this seems harmless.  Another point
worth considering, though, is that it's not trivial to detect whether two
paths represent the same file.  Doing it correctly is more than just a
string comparison, and unlikely to be portable.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.