Re: Error message

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Error message
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 20:40:36 +0200

"Maxime's Music" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm on a Mac Sierra 10.12.5, Lilypond 2.19.36
> It has 8GB of RAM but when engraving my score Lilypond is using almost 3GB.
> When it gets close to the 3GB point is when it crashes and I get the malloc
> error. Could it be simply that I don't have enough RAM?

More like LilyPond does not have enough RAM.  I think it is a 32bit
executable.  In that case I don't think it will get much more than 3GB
regardless of what you may have installed.  LilyPond's representation of
printed output items is sort-of wasteful but I am still surprised that
someone manages to hit the 3GB mark.

--
David Kastrup