Re: vertical spacer in figured bass

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: vertical spacer in figured bass
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 12:17:45 +0100

On Fri, 2017-06-23 at 13:06 +0200, N. Andrew Walsh wrote:
> Richard, if I can dissect the Denomo code a bit (there's a lot of it!
> ), it looks like I need both the

> \context Staff \with {implicitBassFigures = #'(0) }
> expression in the \score block, and the
> \set Staff.implicitBassFigures = #'(0)
> expression in the music content. Is that correct?

I noticed that too, and assumed one of them was most probably redundant
- I did write this syntax, but I'm afraid I can't say how I arrived at
it, some sort of trial and error almost certainly.

> doing just the latter didn't work, but now I'm unsure how to proceed.

Is it doing what you wanted? I cooked up the example from the
documentation that Mark quoted, because I knew about this trick of
declaring a special figure (I use 0 since that doesn't occur for real in
a figured bass) that just acts as a place holder. So then I used that
and the \! notation for stopping the extender and it worked (for what I
thought was your object).
I entered this

<3 0\! 7>4

with the idea that the figure 0 would keep that position open as a blank
figure while not causing an extender from it.

I think the repeated \bassFigureExtendersOff and On would be done in
some neater way if you were hand-writing the code ...

HTH

Richard