How to hide Figured Bass in output (was Re: How to hide fingering in the

From: Richard Shann
Subject: How to hide Figured Bass in output (was Re: How to hide fingering in the output)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 11:33:35 +0100

On Sun, 2017-06-25 at 08:08 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Manuela Gößnitzer <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > You have the right idea already ;-)
> > The Fingering stencil is part of the Voice context
> >
> > Try
> >
> > \override Fingering.stencil = ##f
> >
> > (I hope this syntax works with 2.18)
>
> As does
>
>     \omit Fingering

Oh, nice that cleans up one bit of Denemo's LilyPond generation!

I looked through the documentation for Fingering and found the
BassFigure layout object. However

\layout { \omit BassFigure }

doesn't turn off the Bass Figures in a score. It would be nice to have a
neat way of doing that (for generating the Cello part from the full
score).

Richard