Compress Full Bar Rests with Temporary Divisi Staves

From: NagyMusic
Subject: Compress Full Bar Rests with Temporary Divisi Staves
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 19:19:46 +0000

Hello!
This is my first post (question) to all Lilypond-User list members, so my apology if this issue has been resolved already. I welcome your guidance in this matter and thank you for you time.

Attached you will find three .ly files corresponding to the engraving of a short example from Arvo Pärt's piece for string orchestra, Grand Antiphons. The engraving of this excerpt was undertaken in an effort to learn how to typeset temporary divisi strings. The files are labeled as follows: music.ly (including all the music, styles, etc.), full_score.ly (compiling the full score for the example), and parts-Cb.ly (featuring the double bass instrumental part).

While the temporary divisi structure is compiling just fine in the full score, at least considering the given circumstances and using this particular music), I can't seem to figure out why the full bar rests are not compressed in the contrabasso part. Instead, the empty bars, while included in the Cb. part, contain no rests. I speculate this may have to do something with rest, perhaps, but I'm not sure how to go around it. It seem like something might be overriding the \compressFullBarRests? I also attached a snippet that I modified to fit my example (3518.ly).

Thank you very much!
nagymusic