Re: old f-clef

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: old f-clef
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 21:55:54 +0200

"Mark Stephen Mrotek" <address@hidden> writes:

> Stan,
>
> Complies under 2.18.2.

That's a bit of a red herring.  It compiles under executables compiled
with -DNDEBUG (which omitted even the most basic sanity checks).  That
was the default for our distributed executables until 2.19.something but
was changed afterwards.

Depending on the compilation options, it may still bomb out in 2.18.2 or
run fine in 2.19.60.

This may be a case of misuse of "assert" instead of "programming_error"
but I haven't checked.  Basically "assert" is for cases where the
program cannot safely continue but this was not always done
consistently.

--
David Kastrup