Re: Non-Standard Rhythmic Durations

From: Brin Solomon
Subject: Re: Non-Standard Rhythmic Durations
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 22:06:26 -0400

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
On 27.06.2017 05:47, Brin Solomon wrote:
Is there a way to send an arbitrary rhythmic value (i.e. one that can't be described with the 8, 4, 4., etc system) to the Completion_heads_engraver,

Just write your durations like
{ c8*17 }
and the Completion_heads_engraver will handle them fine.

Best, Simon

Hi Simon,

That's very close to what I need! The only time it doesn't work is when the note doesn't wind up crossing a bar line: If I'm in 4/4 and write "c8*5" on the downbeat, I get something that looks like an eighth note instead of a half tied to an eighth. Is there a way to force that expansion, or should I look into Abjad as Nathan suggested?

Many thanks,
Brin