String Number collision

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: String Number collision
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 08:13:14 +0200

Hi list,

I have the following MWE:

\version "2.19.60"

up = { c'8\5 e'' ~ 2. }

down = { c'4\5 ~ 2. }

%{ uncomment this to trigger error
\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \remove "New_fingering_engraver"
  }
  \context {
    \Staff
    \consists "New_fingering_engraver"
%}

\score {
  \new Staff <<
     \new Voice { \voiceOne \up }
     \new Voice { \voiceTwo \down }

}

It causes the string number "5" to appear twice, strangely overlapping.
I tried to move the New_fingering_engraver to Staff, but then I got

side-axis not set for grob StringNumber.
up = { c'8

I assume that I have to create an engraver similar to the Merge_rests_engraver that does this job? Or is there another way apart from

\once\hide StringNumber

all the way across the file?

Note: I have to specify the sting in both voices since I use tablature too (ommitted in the MWE) and removing the string specification would yield in a erroneous tablature.

Best regards,

Marc