Re: [ANN] LilyQuick 0.94beta - Quick note Lilypond entry using MIDI for

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: [ANN] LilyQuick 0.94beta - Quick note Lilypond entry using MIDI for Linux
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 10:04:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017, Vaughan McAlley wrote:

I developed the layout myself using the Finale Speedy Note Entry as a base,
which was:

8 - \breve
7 - 1
6 - 2
5 - 4
4 - 8
3 - 16
2 - 32
1 - 64

This also corresponds with the keyboard shortcuts for note durations when entering notes in MuseScore.

        https://musescore.org/en/handbook/note-input#keyboard

I guess the MuseScore developers also where inspired by Finale.

In Sibelius it's more like this

1 - 32
2 - 16
3 - 8
4 - 4
5 - 2
6 - 1

And Denemo uses

0 - 1
1 - 2
2 - 4
3 - 8
4 - 16
5 - 32
6 - 64

Correct me if I am wrong, most of this info I just quickly Googled while writing this comment.

Personally I quite like the Sibelius mapping where 4=4

Good to be able to adjust the LilyQuick lua code to fit my personal preferences. Maybe the different mappings known from Finale, MuseScore, Sibelius and Denemo can be added [[-- in a comment block --]] in LQkeyboardEvents.lua to make it easy to select. Or maybe even a special configuration variable could be created in LQconfig.lua
Something like

NumericInputStyle = "denemo"
[[--
or "finale", "sibelius", "musescore", "custom"
--]]

Just a suggestion

--

MT