Re: snippet to properly align dynamics with expressive text

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: snippet to properly align dynamics with expressive text
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 08:42:38 +0200

Am 08.07.2017 um 00:21 schrieb Shevek:
> Agreed about the optical spacing. My goal was to get the alignment to be
> identical between the bare dynamics and the dynamics + text. To my eye, the
> fff and fff espressivo are aligned the same, so it seems more like something
> that could be improved in Lilypond's dynamic alignment in general.
>
> I would be pleased to contribute this to openlilylib, but I have no idea
> how! I've never contributed to a collaborative project like that before. How
> would I go about this?

The "proper" way would be to have Git installed, fork the repository on
Github, clone the repository, make updates, push them to your fork and
then open a Pull Request on Github.

But if you don't want to go that way you can also take the file from
Github (the files in this repository are mostly self-contained) and make
updates to it locally.
Then you can go to Github to "edit" the file, which you can do by simply
overwriting the online version with your local one. Github will then
automatically create a fork for you and open a pull request.

Please supply a meaningful commit description (a short one-line
"heading" and a meaningful longer description of what you did.

Best
Urs