Re:Place text next to rehearsal mark, or with left edge over barline if

From: Flaming Hakama by Elaine
Subject: Re:Place text next to rehearsal mark, or with left edge over barline if there is none
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 12:06:05 -0700

> Le 9 juil. 2017 à 18:24, address@hidden a écrit :
>
> As you can see on the screenshot, both texts are misaligned. The first one, a \tempo, is placed *under* the rehearsal mark instead of next to it.

Another perspective is that the tempo is placed at the point of the tempo change, rather than what you want, which is to place it at a point in time after that change is supposed to have occurred.

> How can I move the texts to be next to the rehearsal mark (without manual adjustments)?

Well, you are asking for a manual change (due to a non-standard placement of tempo), so please expect all solutions will necessarily be manual.

Since you want the tempo to appear over beat 2, you could try placing the tempo there, rather than at the downbeat.

Your desired solution is non-semantic, so it's coding will reflect that.

Finally, these two statements are contradictory:

A real engraver who wanted to stick to those conventions would
presumably shift the note to the right

wasted white space is high on my list of priorities

Cheers,
Wol