Re: Place text next to rehearsal mark, or with left edge over barline if

From: caagr98
Subject: Re: Place text next to rehearsal mark, or with left edge over barline if there is none
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:46:16 +0200

E-ink displays are supposed to be just like normal paper, aren't they?

On 07/10/2017 03:43 PM, Wols Lists wrote:
On 10/07/17 14:28, Karlin High wrote:
On 7/9/2017 2:16 PM, Wols Lists wrote:
But out in the park, it was hard to stop the music blowing everywhere

That DOES sound like a problem. I've read of people using electronic
displays such as tablets or e-readers for displaying sheet music.
Ideally, page turns could be accomplished in one tap of the screen, or
even by foot pedals. Example here, GVIDO e-ink sheet music reader from
Japan: http://www.gvido.tokyo/ Looks good to me, even if the English
website needs translation help some places. And I'm sure there would be
technical concerns and device costs to consider - like $1,600 USD
multiplied by number of band members? Ouch.

Have you ever tried reading a mobile phone in bright sunlight :-)

(Yes I know you can apparently get screens that aren't hard ...)

Cheers,
Wol