Re: Include file handling in lilypond-book

From: Karljurgen Feuerherm
Subject: Re: Include file handling in lilypond-book
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 13:26:24 +0000

Hi Marc,

Good suggestion, but yes, I tried that, didn’t work. It seems that the include
file is read, because the compiler doesn’t whine about undefined Ggrace, but
that the variable is not expanded. I’m thinking a deficiency in the python
script?

On 2017-07-12, 04:00, "lilypond-user on behalf of Marc Hohl" <address@hidden on
behalf of address@hidden> wrote:

    Am 12.07.2017 um 01:54 schrieb Karljurgen Feuerherm:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Putting together an exercise book using XeLaTeX and the lilypond
    > environment. Everything works relatively well until I try to use an
    > include file with variable definitions.
    >
    > MWE:
    >
    >                  % !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
    >
    >                  % !TEX TS-program = LilyPond-Book
    >
    >                  % !LILYPOND tex = xelatex
    >
    >                  \documentclass{memoir}
    >
    > %             \newcommand{\Ggrace}{\grace { g''32 }}
    >
    >                  \begin{document}
    >
    >                  \begin{lilypond}
    >
    >                  {
    >
    >                    \include "lilypond-variables.ly"

    I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think I stumbled upon this
    problem before.
    Have you tried to include a relative path?

    \include "./lilypond-variables.ly"

               ^^

    HTH,

    Marc