Fwd: Re: Is the lyric-syllable-magnetic-snap snippet obsolete?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Fwd: Re: Is the lyric-syllable-magnetic-snap snippet obsolete?
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:09:49 -0500

Forwarding to the list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "David Nalesnik" <address@hidden>
Date: Jul 13, 2017 3:06 PM
To: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>

On Jul 13, 2017 2:53 PM, "Urs Liska" <address@hidden> wrote:
There is the snippet notation-snippets/lyric-syllable-magnetic-snap
which doesn't work with 2.19.60 (2.18 works).

I believe it can be fixed by changing a predicate (sorry i can't view the source now to say which one) to ly:grob-property?  This would make it fail with 2.18, so a version predicate would be needed.

Is this something that has been integrated into LilyPond by now? I seem
to recall that words in lyrics are joined now if there's no space for
hyphensl

This would be news to me.

Snippet:
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/notation-snippets/lyric-syllable-magnetic-snap

There's a reference to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-03/msg00489.html in
the snippet, David Nalesnik and Mike Solomon are listed as the authors.

Any comments?

Thanks
Urs

https://openlilylib.org